17 October 2009

San Francisco

I miss the San Francisco shoreline. I miss the waters crashing against the rocks, the heavy smell of ocean air, the cold breezes chilling me to the bones. I miss standing by the shore, listening to the soothing sound, feeling safe and free. I miss the love that's always in the air. I miss the dreams that live among the hills, dreams of the past and the future, dreams that are coming true now in the greatest city of them all. I miss Chinatown, Haight-Ashbury, and Golden Gate Park. I miss the city that touched me once, the sea that leaned close and whispered sweetly in my ear. "You don't know me well," it said, "but you're welcome back anytime. I haven't known you long," it added, "but you'll always be mine."

Someday, I will return to the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment