04 January 2010

Do you like cats?

is officially my favorite question ever.

I was talking to my sister recently, and she was giving me advise on how to talk to people. Standard. "Just ask anything, anything at all," she suggested, "Like, 'Do you like cats?'" I laughed, so she told me a story of how once she was talking to a friend of hers when he randomly asked her "Do you like cats?", which led into a great conversation about cats.

Just days later, I was talking to a dear friend of mine whom I haven't spoken to in a long time, when ze randomly asked me if I like cats! Which was such a wonderful question to be asked, and filled me with such great joy.

So I'm adopting this question. I'll probably ask you soon if you like cats. How can I know you if I don't know if you like cats? All should love cats, because cats are amazing, "self-sufficient", and "classy". Because cats are kind and beautiful, friendly and sweet. Because all my life I've had cats (except when I didn't), and I couldn't imagine life without them. Here's to the cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment